Thursday, July 21, 2011

FML Facebook, FML (aka MLIA)

I'm getting rather tired of the superficiality of Facebook. Its pathetic. Everyone living out there lives in a synthetic plane. Not that I am any different, mind, but I am currently in a philosophical mood. I enjoy looking at things from the outside in. I also like knowing what other people are up to. For the past few months or so I have tried to stop utilizing Facebook statuses altogether. I tell myself that this is because I do not need the attention nor do I want it. In reality I type statuses frequently, never pressing enter. I do this because the thought of posting such silly insipid things makes me feel utterly pathetic. If I am to post something that everyone is going to read it had better be perfect, witty, funny, and downright original not... "I'm feeling sad and in a desperate need for chocolate and conversation someone please call me." I see many variations on that status posted by people. It makes me sad because I know that when I feel like that I am often too scared to call up a friend or send out a text. The teenage fear of rejection is strong in this one you could say. I feel stunted socially. I am one of those people who is constantly nervous in social situations. Even around my closest friends I'm terrified. Recently I've been of my best friend. My best friend! I am constantly fretting about how to talk to her and how to act and the same thing with all my other friends. FML now I sound like I have some kind of social disorder. (Psychology FTW) Well you know what. Maybe we all need a little therapy. Its like salt, brings out all of our flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment