Friday, November 19, 2010

Media Vita

The headphones are on
My computer buzzes
But I do not listen
I let the music crash
Over me in waves
Filling my body
Consuming my soul
The lines of melody
Ensnaring me
As the bass line caresses me
And then silence
My heart stops
And then the pause ends
The song more glorious than before
The indescribably beauty
It brings me to tears
Bids me tear my hair
And scream to God
Save me oh Lord!
For I have sinned!
What is your nature?
Are you the ensnaring melody?
Catching people
And bending them to your will?
Or are you the warm and powerful
Bass who holds it all
With a seemingly effortless breathe?
What is your nature?
Who are you, God that I worship?
Why do people compose such beauty
In your name alone?
Or do they compose it to a false God
And you wait in the shadows
Of the small theaters
And cry as the music washes over you too
Who are you, God of beautiful music?
Did you here their prayers?
Did you have the power to answer them?
And if you do, will you, can you answer mine?
What is the meaning of my life?
Am I meant to sing for you?
Am I meant to love for you?
Am I meant to teach for you?
Am I meant to kill for you?
Answer me! Here my prayer!
If I pour my voice out
Onto the open pavement
Will it be spared?
Or will you crush it with your fist?
Here me! God, God of music,
omnipresent and apathetic deity!
Some see you in nature
I hear you in the music
I feel you bend your head
And lean your ear down to listen
Why do humans love music?
Is it because you love it too?
Can you help me?
Help me, help me?
Fill me with music
Save me from the fallen
Those who have ceased to listen
The worshippers of not the bass line,
But bass beat.
Keep me safe, if that is your plan,
If you even care to have one,
Oh apathetic deity.
You are the fire that burns me
When I listen to the music
You start the passion
So then you must stay?
You must want to hear your handiwork
Listen to the music
Or has modern music made you cold
Angry at the monstroncities we now compose
But apathetic deity, these songs
With lack of detail and beauty
Still in simplest vulgarity
Worship you as well
Accept us cruel deity!
When will our music be enough?!
When will you let us rest?
Or as your servants
Are we never meant to cease
To perform for you,
Till the day we die?
I let the music crash
Over me in waves
Filling my body
Consuming my soul
The lines of melody
Ensnaring me
As the bass line caresses me
And then silence


-----------
I did not expect this poem to turn out this way. I wrote what came into my head as I listened to "Media Vita"

No comments:

Post a Comment