Wednesday, August 11, 2010

English Lies

There is nothing more cold
And nothing more sweet
Than a lie...
Dripping in ice cold honesty
They said I should be guarded
They said it was a scam
But I still let myself be fooled by your sham
The words always obey
Flow perfectly from your pen
I knew I shouldn't listen
Should've plugged my ears and fled
But instead I smiled and I cried
And watched the words dance
For that is what they do for you
You make the English dance
But here I am
Trying to get the words to betray
All this pain, from all these lies
And I find they still want to side
With you, my darling, you little enchanter
The words would rather listen to you any day
But for now let me say,
I am holding the pen
And in ink these words shall hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment