So I sit here bathed in a veil of tears
Lost, alone, afraid
All because I wandered away
Because I wasn't strong enough to say
I'm scared of losing you
Scared of dieing
Scared of the calories lurking in that bottle
Scared... that you'll leave me
Scared that you are too perfect for me
I look in the mirror
Stare and weep
Diets aren't working
And running's lost its charm
The toilet calls with whispered promises that I know it won't keep...
You say I'm too good for you, well I know the truth...
My mind is a vortex filled with anger and fear
Nothing is certain in that sphere
You are so logical, you wouldn't understand
The horror I feel as you touch my shoulders
The fear that you'll suddenly step back and see...
me... me as I see me
So I sit here bathed in a veil of tears
Lost, alone, afraid
All because I wandered away
Because I wasn't strong enough to say
I'm scared of losing you
Scared of dieing
Scared of the calories lurking in that bottle
Scared... that you'll leave me
Scared that you are too perfect for me
The me in the mirror
The me in the shadows
The girl that sits on the edge of her bed and dies...
a little... each time... she realizes that
nothing is working
not this time...
oh god, how on earth can you love... me?
----
OLD POEM NEW HOME
No comments:
Post a Comment